Wiki So Far

I have contributed to several topics in the New Media Wiki, including Crowdfunding, Search Engine Optimization in Web Design, Enterprise Cloud Computing, and Ethics and Guidelines in News Reporting. These topics were relevant to my current or previous studies. For example, I learned about Crowdfunding and Cloud Computing in my Introduction to Information Systems class, whereas Ethics in News Reporting was recently a research topic for the New Media class. I plan to do more additional research in order to expand on these topics in greater detail in the coming weeks.

Working on this Wiki project has been interesting, as this is part of a group contribution to make something great. As a long time Wikipedia reader, I have always been impressed with the depth of information and appreciate all the contributors who have spend countless hours in making it as informative and timely as possible. As a new editor on Wiki, it took me a while to become familiar with the editor, creating new sections, uploading images to the Wiki and creating references. But once I became more familiar with the interface, it was easy to make edits and gratifying to see the contributions that I, and my classmates, made.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting addition you can make to your work is by touching upon Shopify and Crowdfunding. Shopify has become a very large Canadian e-commerce company. They have grown over 150% over the past year!

    ReplyDelete

Next New

I have an idea for an app that makes grocery shopping – a mundane task that almost everyone does on a regular basis – much more intelligent...